This statement applies to all services provided by textaccuracy.
Textaccuracy is a translation office that translates documents from Dutch or English into German. Textaccuracy also provides editing services for German texts.
Textaccuracy is responsible for the processing of personal data as mentioned in this privacy statement.
Explanatory notes of the regulation
Textaccuracy may not process the data you provided without restrictions. The privacy law is intended to protect the privacy of individuals. Due to these laws the authorised use of your personal data by third parties is limited. The law foresees that textaccuracy is obliged to:
- inform her costumers in which way and to what purpose personal data are being processed by textaccuracy;
- inform the customers to whom the data may be disclosed;
- ask for permission to process specific data.
Your privacy is important to textaccuracy. Therefore textaccuracy describes and explains in this statement how we handle your data, what the purpose of its use is and for which data textaccuracy explicitly will ask your approval.
Personal data that will be processed:
Textaccuracy is processing your data because you are using our services and/or because you provide us your information.
Overview of the personal data that is processed:
- Company name
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
Waarom we gegevens nodig hebben
Als u eenmaal een overeenkomst heeft met textaccuracy, dan willen we u goed van dienst zijn.
Textaccuracy verwerkt uw persoonsgegevens voor de volgende doelen:
- Om u een offerte over een mogelijke vertaal- of corrigeeropdracht te kunnen toesturen
- Om met u over de opdracht te kunnen corresponderen
- Om u te informeren over wijzigingen van onze diensten
- Om u een factuur te kunnen toesturen.
We also process possible data you give to us via e-mail, contact forms or through the texts to be translated or edited (e.g. cv’s or application letters).
Does textaccuracy also process special categories of personal data?
Special categories of personal data are sensitive data such as about health or a criminal past, data revealing ethnical or racial origin. Textaccuracy does not process special categories of personal data.
Why we need personal data
If you have entered into an agreement with textaccuracy, then we want to provide you with good service.
Textaccuracy processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To be able to send you a quotation about a possible editing or translation job
- To be able to process the agreement between clients and textaccuracy administratively and financially
- To be able to correspond with you about the job
- To be able to provide you with our services
- To be able to inform you about changes of our services
- To be able to reach clients or interested persons if necessary.
Which rules apply to the processing of personal data?
When processing personal data, textaccuracy is bound by the
applicable legislation and regulation and keeps track of the developments. Among other things this means that data will only be processed for the purpose for which they were collected and in an appropriate/careful manner in accordance with the law and this statement.
Personal data about website visitors younger than 16 years
Our website and/our service does not intend to collect data about visitors younger than 16 years. Unless they have the permission of their parents or legal guardian. But, at the same time, we cannot control whether a visitor is older than 16 years. We therefore advise parents to become involved in the online activities of their children in order to prevent that data about children will be collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data about minors without parental consent, please get in contact with us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete this information.
Maintaining of information
If you fill in the contact form in the website or send us an e-mail, then all the data you send us will be kept for as long as required according to the nature of the form or the content of your e-mail in order to fully answer and process it.
Textaccuracy won’t keep your personal data longer than strictly necessary to achieve the goals for which your data is collected. Textaccuracy keeps your data for two years after the last purchase/order/invoice. After this date the data will be deleted. The legislation may prescribe a different retention period. If this is the case, textaccuracy will comply with the prescribed retention period.
Personal data shared with third parties
Textaccuracy does not sell your data to third parties and will share them only if necessary for the implementation of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal requirement.
Only the owner of textaccuracy, Beatrice Hermanns, can view your data.
Mapping website visit (public part)
Textaccuracy only uses technical and functional cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer, tablet or smartphone when visiting our website for the first time. The cookies we are using are necessary for the technical functioning of the websites an for your convenience. They shall insure that the websites are working properly and save, for example, your preferred settings.
You can unsubscribe to cookies by selecting the settings of your internet browser so that it no longer saves the cookies. Furthermore, you can delete all the information from your browser that has been saved earlier.
Your rights as a data subject
- Right of information: the right to know which of your personal data are processed and to which purpose.
- Right to access: the right to access and receive a copy of the data if this is compatible with the privacy of others.
- The right of rectification, addition or removal of data if necessary. The right to ask for (partial) removal of your data can only be met if the storage of the data is not of considerable interest for another and the data must not be retained on the basis of statutory regulations.
- The right to object: the right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases.
- Right of data portability: the right to receive the personal data which is saved and to transfer it to another organisation.
If you want to make use of your rights you can indicate this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com If your request is refused the reason for this will be explained. One reason could be that your dossier contains information that is or can be important to others. You will receive a message from textaccuracy within one month following the receipt of your request.
If you have a complaint about the way of processing your personal data you can contact textaccuracy and we will try to find a solution together with you.
How we protect personal data
Textaccuracy takes the protection of your personal data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, accidental data disclosure and unauthorised changes. Everyone at textaccuracy having access to personal data and/or processing these is obliged to confidentiality of the data, insofar as not otherwise provided for by law or legislation. If textaccuracy uses the service of third parties, textaccuracy will make arrangements as part of the protection of personal data concerning the necessary security measures. If you have the impression that your data is not well protected or if there is any indication of misuse, please get in contact with us.
If you have questions or comments about the processing of your personal data and this privacy statement, please get in contact with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy statement is drawn up on 6 September 2018